After it became clear that my first contacted lawyer (the lawyer buddy of my car) no professional in travel law, I had finally found a true top lawyer! (Thanks again to my Pap on the site).
Quick, quick
And what shall I say, not a second too early. It turned out, namely, that time was pressing. Why? By law you have to help but the first lawyer told me that the damage * immediately * at the airline's. And not only after a month. * Oops * Well, luckily there is the internet, so we eventually all important and were able to exchange the necessary documents and forms quickly on Friday afternoon by e-mail. Man that was a stress. After all, had all the documents that had to do with the theft (ie curbs, baggage claim, the police statement, etc.) to the lawyer. As it worked out well that I had the night before all this ever been done for the Alliance. Finally, I hoped at this point still that the alliance the theft loss (after all, more than 600 €!) "Regulate" would.
Whatever. Unlike the previous law that was really knowledgeable and explained to me that the tour operator is liable in each case under the Montreal Convention s (so nothing with: " you have read the Terms of times your own fault! "
The new agreement places particular emphasis on the strengthening of consumer protection. Thus, in particular aggravates the liability situations and extended the scope of liability: liability [...] In addition, the air carriers for presumed fault, without limit.
The reaction of Airberlin to the letter of the lawyer with an appropriate note, incidentally, was very funny: it was collected accurately reflect the same information I had already heard on the phone. That I or my attorney have been here are clearly only fed with a standard answer, I think although formulated in kind, in terms of content but really flat: regret
How much, that your client has cause for a complaint to his luggage. Please allow us at the same time note that a theft has not yet been proven beyond reasonable doubt and contradict this assumption, we therefore. Next we would like to point out that we always recommend to carry valuable, fragile and perishable items as hand luggage. About
Here we inform on our website (airberlin.com) magazine on the flight plan and the terms and conditions. In addition, please contact our telephone reservation center by calling 01805 / 737 800 with around the clock information available. Since the claimed items in checked baggage of your clients were, we must reject a regulation and can give you regarding a refund no positive response. We hope for your understanding.
Sincerely
customer Air Berlin
I'm curious how it goes ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment