Thursday, October 22, 2009

Novelty Id In Vancouver Bc

brazen thieves steal my Nikon D40: as a perfidious theft I've never seen ...

04.10.09 I flew back with my girlfriend of my 2-week vacation stay in Menorca to Mallorca to Germany. On the flight back my camera is stolen from your backpack after I had abandoned the backpack as luggage. But chamber room ... the whole story.

The stupid accident with a knife

The baggage at the airport in Menorca at first I kept my backpack including a camera bag (along with my Nikon D40 and other SLR equipment) as carry-on luggage. Since I had forgotten in the backpack but a swiss knife, I was with a backpack not happen then the security check (as I could just forget the backpack ... no matter wad's will). Since I did not want it lands in the bin, I asked if I could not make it and I will be given after the flight. This procedure I knew from a flight sometime in the 90s, where there were not any security over hyped like now after 9 / 11. I was told: sorry, only one possibility: can tackle knife at the counter of the airline back in the suitcase.

At check-in counter of Airberlin they told me, finally, that a subsequent stowing of the knife in the trunk was not possible. I had a backpack along with knife give up as normal luggage. Crap, I wanted to keep the backpack as hand luggage. yes my camera was in it and so ...

The disaster takes its course

Ok, if it no other way ... was a strange feeling, my backpack at the counter there simply as a piece of luggage to give up. But hey what the heck I thought, the camera bag is at the very bottom of the backpack, it is still your thick jacket and other stuff. How in God's name should be for someone * because * the * idea * come to look for a camera? Well, since I was probably too trusting.

When we finally back in Germany were landed, I immediately checked the presence of the camera case. I had a few hours earlier seemed this queasy feeling. ... And the backpack to have been opened, because missing a hook. Ok I thought, maybe a security and customs control. Who knows. The more I was so relieved when the bag was in place!

empty. Just space.

When I one day later in the afternoon at home all unpacked, I realized that the camera bag was emptied completely empty . Everything EMPTY!

This must be thought out! you come back from vacation, took out the stuff and think nothing is wrong ... to remember only to find that some stupid, nasty pig at the airport in the baggage claim area (to the airport's only * employees have access *) stole my camera with all accessories. From out of the bag! A planned robbery, for only through the X-ray scanner could the thief know that deep lay on the floor of the backpack, the camera well hidden. All photos gone, all the memories, the amazing sunsets, the beach, all artistic photos, all ... .... Away. Never to return!

I was shocked, stunned and furious. I was robbed not a poor little street urchin in Chile, but an airport employee in the security area. The times you have to let it melt on your tongue. Arrrghhhh!

But this should be increased even more bewilderment ... you may not believe it. From here a big "thank you very much for NOTHING " to the Allianz Insurance, Airberlin and 1-2-fly . Why is this? Because I had never so much arrogance, callousness and stupidity to the client by * * major German companies expected. Especially from companies that advertise as Airberlin achso with their great service! Of these, but in the next blog entry!

* RIP *, beloved Nikon . I hope you bring your new "owner" At the worst thing I could have with you in joy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment